Loss of the use of both arms

You can apply for a National Concession bus pass if you do not have both arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms:

  • This category includes people with a limb reduction deficiency of both arms; bilateral upper limb amputation; muscular dystrophy; spinal cord injury; motor neurone disease; or a condition of comparable severity.
  • In the Department's opinion, it also covers both people with deformity of both arms, and people who have both arms, if in either case they are unable to use them to carry out day-to-day tasks, for example, paying coins into a fare machine. In these latter cases the Department advises that a local authority should normally require independent medical evidence to support the application.

Based on the guidance are you without the use of both arms?

Agree and continue